Senior System Engineer (Genesys, Avaya)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Dublin North, Dublin|
|Area||Dublin North, IE|
|Salary||Up to €0.00 per annum|
Senior Systems Engineer (Genesys, Avaya)
Our client is a global leader in eCommerce based in Dublin who are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer. As the Senior Systems Engineer you'll focus on the building and maintaining of Enterprise level Business Systems related to Customer Support.
This position is available on a 10 month contract basis with a view to extension/permanency. A competitive salary is on offer.
What you'll get to do:
- Interact with business users to resolve platform issues and maintain Business Systems.
- Handle platform issues and database problems, handling release engineering functions.
- Participate in sustaining engineering and break/fix scenarios, and when required, as a resource in Mission Critical project development and deployment.
- Write scripts for monitoring and step through processes.
- Troubleshoot Firewall, Network and platforms through log files and database queries, and general setup of Windows environment.
- Collaborate with response teams on security problems to provide support as and when required including on-call rotation for round the clock global support coverage.
- Take responsibility of current database architecture and identify and initiate changes needed to support business units
- Follow Quality Assurance protocol, collaborating with QA to identify programmatic faults and finding the most effective solution.
- Maintain documentation and standards for all existing and new database design / deployment.
What you'll need:
- 6+ years' experience working in a similar role.
- Experience working with Genesys is essential.
- Understand data and integrations with Genesys.
- Windows Server & Linux Systems administration.
- Experience writing scripts that handle step through processes and monitoring.
- An ability to integrate multiple platforms and understand 3rd party systems at enterprise level.
- Ability to explain risks to technical and non-technical staff.
- The ability to handle multiple projects at one time and achieve deadlines.
- Forward thinking in identifying issues and finding fast and effective solutions.