Big Data Engineer
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Permanent full-time|
|Location||Dublin City Centre, Dublin|
|Area||Dublin City Centre, IEDublin South, IEDublin North, IE|
|Salary||Up to €0.00 per annum + Negotiable|
Big Data Engineer
My client, a rapid growth technology company, is currently recruiting for a Big Data Engineer to join their team based in Dublin city centre.
- Working with software developers and senior team members to develop database designs and enhancement s
- Data modelling and ETL using cloud technologies
- Maintaining, managing, and optimising a variety of NoSQL and SQL data stores throughout the product development life-cycle
- Improve Data Quality through testing, tooling and continuously evaluating performance
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions
- Building and reviewing performance of critical data stores and pipelines
- BS degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Systems Engineering
- Experience in building data pipelines for extracting, transforming and loading data
- Expertise in data replication, backup/recovery, disaster recovery and planning
- Experience in SQL performance tuning and maintenance
- Hands-on Data Mining or Analytics Experience with large datasets
- Experience with ETL development and processes from diverse data sources
- Experience in the development, maintenance and enhancement of data mappings, work-flows and processes
- Knowledge of the Agile software development process
- Knowledge of data streaming and messaging systems such as Apache Kafka (preferable) or Apache ActiveMQ
- Experience implementing Linux shell scripts
- Working experience in a cloud-based context (MS Azure or AWS preferable)
A market leading salary and benefits package is on offer including a stock purchase program, health, pension, bonus etc.